|- BSSUG Founder in 1999
- Principal Architect at RDA Corporation
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- MSSQLTips.com Champion Award Recipient
|Jeremy is the CTO @
co-founder of www.MSSQLTips.com,
co-leader of the Baltimore SSUG and
a SQL Server MVP since 2009.
|6:30 PM||Announcements and Knowledge
- Starting a new job on the right foot
Abstract - Your first couple months at a new job can really set the tone for your career path at the company. If you want to set yourself apart and grow, you’ll want to make every effort to establish yourself as a reliable, eager and competent professional right from the gates! In this session, we’ll highlight our top recommendations to get started on a high note, and demonstrate both your capabilities, initiative, and desire to grow within the organization!
Speakers - Erica Woods and Vivek Mehta of Apex Systems
- Implementing a Team Foundation Server (TFS) Automated
Build for a Business Intelligence (BI) Project
Abstract - TFS automated build allows you to implement continuous building and testing of Visual Studio / SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) solutions.
A typical BI solution has the following project types:
- SQL Server Database; i.e. Data warehouse based on dimensional model; e.g. Kimball
- SSIS packages to perform ETL
- SSAS cube for ad-hoc querying and analysis
- SSRS for reporting
The TFS automated build only handles the SQL Server database project. For the other project types (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) you have to roll your own MSBuild project files and possibly create your own MSBuild custom tasks.
This session will walk through setting up a TFS automated build for a typical BI project. I will cover:
- A quick introduction to MSBuild
- Creating MSBuild project files for SSIS, SSAS and SSRS projects
- Creating MSBuild custom tasks
- Creating the build definition
- Running the TFS automated build
Speaker - Ray Barley of RDA Corp
|8:15 PM||Raffle, networking and wrap-up
Meeting Sponsor: Apex Systems
Food for the Meeting: Hunan Manor (Chinese Food), Pizza, Drinks and Dessert...